Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Zags Climb The Ranks

Upon being crowned Old Spice Classic Champions, the Bulldogs rose to #5 in the ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll. While this is being celebrated on the GU boards and other, lesser Zags blogs, the news has been met with indifference here at The Slipper Fits. Personally, I am not a huge fan of being ranked so highly. I preferred the Cinderella days when we could take teams by surprise and had the nation cheering our underdog status. I miss the days when Gonzahguh was from a little town called Spokain. I miss the days when the only hard game to get a ticket to was when Steve Nash came to the Kennel. I miss the days when a loss didn't invite "Oh-ver Ray-ted" chants. I miss the days when the Zags didn't fly around like Puff Daddy in a private jet because, to paraphrase the late, great Christopher Wallace, "when you make more money, you invite upon yourself more problems that you ordinarily would not have had to deal with."

Go Zags.

1 comment:

Got It! said...

Can't stop laughing about that Puff Daddy picture, too funny.
I too miss those days, but you cannot expect to surprise any team when you've had the success the Zags have had. What impresses me is that the Zags still rely on somewhat unknown players to get it done. Sure, recruiting has gotten much easier, example being Austin, Daye, and Gray. However I just love that the coaches are so creative in recruiting. The team will potentially have 3 canandiens next year, if Bol Kong gets his visa squared away.
Anyway, lets enjoy the ride while we can.